The Global Irish Design Challenge is open to designers who fall into one of the below categories:
- Irish citizens living and designing abroad
- Irish citizens living and designing in Ireland
- Citizens of another country living and designing in Ireland
- Citizens and residents of another country with strong links to Ireland
For more information, please see Terms and Conditions below.
The Global Irish Design Challenge is looking for products, projects and concepts that have the potential to be game-changing. Submissions can be:
- completed design projects
- current design work
- speculative designs
In keeping with the core themes of Irish Design 2015, entries are encouraged to address the following:
Innovation – Projects that promote new forms of design through technical, aesthetic and/or functional innovation.
Sustainability – Projects that consider the environmental impact of their design and connect the target audience to their natural environment and context.
Well-being – Projects designed to address health, social, humanitarian and/or community issues.
Sense of Place – Projects that explore and address aspects of identity, space, place, the vernacular and locality.
The Global Irish Design Challenge welcomes submissions relating to the following design disciplines:
- Architecture and built environment
- Consumer product design
- Contemporary and traditional craft
- Costume and set design
- Design engineering
- Film, animation and motion design
- Furniture and lighting design
- Gaming and ICT design
- Graphic and communication design
- Industrial product design
- Organisational and service design
- Textile design
- Web interface and interaction design
Entries must be submitted via the Global Irish Design Challenge website. There are 3 steps to entering:
- Creating an account.
- Completing an entry form for each project.
- Submitting your entries for free.
Entrants will need to prepare and submit the following:
- a brief overview of the project
- an outline of how the design constitutes an Irish solution to a global challenge
- at least 3 images for each entry
- a short video that presents your project
You can enter as many projects as you wish. Entries may be edited up until the closing date, even after submission.
The deadline for entries is 4pm 18 December 2015.